This private tour gives you the chance to visit the most important archaeological sites in Athens, to enjoy a wonderful city tour and also to admire the exhibits of one of the most important museum the city offers.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Upon your request|
|TYPE OF VEHICLE|
- Since all the tours we offer are private we have the flexibility to discuss with you any changes you wish to make in the itinerary.
- During summer time because of the hot climate conditions in Greece we always suggest you to wear light clothes, bring with you a hat and sunscreen and make sure to wear non-slipper comfortable shoes due to the slippery terrain in the archaeological sites.
- Also we always provide child seats or boosters whenever is needed with no extra cost. In case there are children between the passengers and you need a child seat we can provide it with no extra cost.
|Type of Tour||Private|
Our Athens full day tour starts from the most important archaeological site the Acropolis, the so called sacred rock. On the Acropolis you will admire the Parthenon the temple that was dedicated primarily to its patron the goddess Athena, the Erectheion temple with its famous female figures the Caryatides, the temple of Athena Nike (victorious Athena), Propylaea, the monumental gateway of the Acropolis, Herodus Atticus Odeon, the ruins of the Theatre of Dionysus and finally the Areopagus (Mars hill).
Next we will visit the Roman Agora and the Ancient Agora to admire the Temple of Hephaestus, the most well preserved temple in Greece, you will also see the Stoa of Attalos (ancient shopping market) and feel the vibes in the flea market. Right after we will drive you to a traditional Greek restaurant to enjoy your authentic Greek lunch.
After lunch we will drive you by the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Proceeding we will drive you to the to highest point of Athens, the Lycabettus hill to admire the best panoramic view of the city.
In the next stop you will be amazed by the change of the Presidential guards that takes place at the Parliament in front of the tomb of the unknown soldier.
We will continue our Athens full day tour passing by National Garden, the former Royal Palace, the Panathenaic stadium where the first Modern Olympic Games took place in 1896.
Next, we will visit Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus and the Arch of Hadrian.
Our last stop will be at the new Acropolis Museum to admire the Parthenon marbles and important archaeological exhibits from the Acropolis. The tour will end by returning you to the place we picked you up.
- Acropolis ( Propylaea, Parthenon, Erectheion, Temple of Athena Nike,)
- Herodus Atticus Odeon
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Mars hill
- Roman Agora
- Ancient Agora
- Temple of Hephaestus
- Stoa of Attalos
- Athens Trilogy (University of Athens, Academy of Athens, National Library)
- Lycabettus hill
- Parliament House
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Arch of Hadrian
- Acropolis museum