Take the chance to visit the same places Apostle Paul taught the Athenians and the Corinthians during his missionary journeys in Athens and Corinth
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Upon your request|
|TYPE OF VEHICLE|
- Since all the tours we offer are private we have the flexibility to discuss with you any changes you wish to make in the itinerary.
- During summer time because of the hot climate conditions in Greece we always suggest you to wear light clothes, bring with you a hat and sunscreen and make sure to wear non-slipper comfortable shoes due to the slippery terrain in the archaeological sites.
- Also we always provide child seats or boosters whenever is needed with no extra cost. In case there are children between the passengers and you need a child seat we can provide it with no extra cost.
Our Apostle Paul steps in Athens and Corinth starts from the most important archaeological site the Acropolis, the so called sacred rock. On the Acropolis you will admire the Parthenon the temple that was dedicated primarily to its patron the goddess Athena, the Erectheion temple with its famous female figures the Caryatides, the temple of Athena Nike (victorious Athena), Propylea, the monumental gateway of the Acropolis, Herodus Atticus Odeum, the ruins of the Theatre of Dionysus and finally the Areopagus (Mars hill) where Apostle Paul was officially invited to speak to the rulers of Athens. The text of his famous speech can be seen, written on a brass plate.
We will continue our tour by visiting the temple of Olympian Zeus, the Arch of Hadrian, the Panathenaic stadium where the first Modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. Proceeding we will drive you to the highest point of Athens, the Lycabettus hill to admire the best panoramic view of the city. Next stop will be Athens Trilogy where you will admire the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library.
Continuing you will be amazed by the change of the Presidential guards that takes place at the Parliament in front of the tomb of the unknown soldier and then we will drive by the National Garden and the former Royal Palace. After lunch, we leave Athens behind us and head towards Corinth, which in antiquity was the richest city in ancient Greece and where Apostle Paul stayed and taught for a long time.
Our first stop is the impressive Corinth Canal where you can take pictures and enjoy the breathtaking view by walking on the bridge of the Canal.
After 20 minutes driving, we will arrive to Ancient Corinth where you will visit the archaeological site and admire the monolithic Temple of Apollo, the Pirene and Glafki fountains, the Bema where Apostle Paul was judged, the Ancient Agora, the Ancient Theater, the Roman Odeon and the archaeological museum of Corinth.
Next you will have time to enjoy a walk in the pedestrian street of ancient Corinth or do some shopping. Acrocorinth will be our next stop to take pictures of the imposing fortress and the breathtaking view of the Corinthian Gulf. Next stop is the church of St. Paul, where we will admire the beautiful mosaic, dedicated to the life and visions of the Apostle.
Our last stop is the ancient port of Kechries, where Apostle Paul departed from Corinth to sail to Ephesus. The tour ends by driving you back to Athens and the place we picked you up.
- Acropolis (Propylaea, Parthenon, Erectheion, Temple of Athena Nike,)
- Herodus Atticus Odeum
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Mars hill
- Athens Trilogy (University of Athens, Academy of Athens, National Library)
- Lycabettus hill
- Parliament House
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient Corinth (Temple of Apollo, Pirene and Glafki fountains, Bema, Corinth museum)
- St. Paul church